A retro property will soon be reborn as the anchor of a new condo development
The long brown building at Richmond and Brant streets might not look like much, but it’s always been a community hub. In the 1800s, the site was home to the St. Andrews Market, and in 1932 an art deco building was constructed to house civic offices and public utilities. Now, MOD Developments and Woodcliffe Properties are turning the water back on with help from Diamond Schmitt Architects. Called WaterWorks, the project adds condos above the existing structure, which will be transformed into a food hall, a YMCA and youth housing.